Founded in 1989, Vista Life Innovations (formerly Vista Vocational & Life Skills Center) is a full-service organization supporting individuals with disabilities throughout the various stages of life. Accredited by the National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services (NCASES), programs and services offered include our hallmark community-based transition programming, employment services, advocacy services, arts programming, recreational programming, benefits counseling, assessment services and a summer program for prospective students.
Vista is an active and engaged member of the local business and residential communities in which we operate. From partnerships with local businesses to relationships built and maintained with community neighbors, we strive to consistently raise awareness about our program and our students and members. This community-based approach permeates all that we do and is ingrained in the philosophical underpinnings of the programs and services we offer.
Providing services and resources to assist individuals with disabilities achieve personal success.
- We focus on the whole person, in four major areas: vocational, life skills, cognitive and social skills, and community involvement
- Each student, in collaboration with their Program Counselor, works to develop and achieve individual goals
- We work with each individual to foster meaningful experiences in all programs and services offered by the Vista community
- Our staff helps students establish satisfactory relationships and develop positive self-esteem
- Our students and members are considered to be a family and are taught to trust and respect each other
- Our students and members are interdependent with the community, which is an integral part of individual independence
- Students, their families, and Vista's staff form a team to support successful attainment of goals
- We believe learning is a lifelong process that always provides opportunities for growth