Careers at Vista
Vista Life Innovations is a nationally recognized, post-secondary program for individuals with autism spectrum disorders and other related disabilities. We offer a community-based training program designed for individuals who would like to succeed in work and independent living, and who are seeking a non-traditional program to address their needs. Vista's philosophy looks at each individual holistically.
Our mission is to provide services and resources to assist individuals with disabilities in achieving personal success. We have two main campuses in Madison and Westbrook serving communities along the shoreline in South-Central Connecticut.
Many exciting and rewarding employment opportunities are available at Vista Life Innovations. We offer positions with flexible schedules. If you are interested in exploring employment opportunities with Vista, click the Contact Us button to submit a letter of interest and resume.
Please note that all positions posted may not be available due to on-going hiring. We update this page often, so please check back periodically.
Current Employment Opportunities
The primary focus of the Crew Leader position in the Ventures program is oversight of quality controls for medical materials handling, merchandising, (filling and replacing magazines at local stores) and supporting students and members in their success. You will have the opportunity to be crossed trained in other Ventures program services. Must be detail oriented.
- Be an excellent role model for students/members in the workplace so they can learn necessary work and social skills relevant to the work environment.
- Provide consistent and quality support and training to student/member employees that support Vista’s mission as well as our services.
- Maintain strong, professional, consistent and open communication with customers, vendors and other Vista professional staff in order to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Provide consistent and quality training to assigned work crews that supports Vista’s mission.
- Manage and facilitate our business services and production operations as assigned. Ensure the work crews in these service areas run effectively and efficiently and meet the quality standards required by Ventures Program.
- Ability to meet service timelines and handle stressful situations as they may arise with a calm and professional demeanor.
- Act as a peer mentor in providing guidance and support to peers regarding the organization’s culture, mission, goals and their position’s specific responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- HS Diploma with 1 year of related work experience in the fulfillment, and/ or merchandising areas preferred.
- General business experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable safe driving record as defined by Vista
- Current Auto insurance on personal vehicle(s) that may be used for work.
- CPR and First Aid or the ability to obtain certifications within 90 days of hire. (Vista will pay for training).
- Pass pre-employment background checks, reference checks and drug screen.
- Must be able to work in various interior and exterior work environments.
- Must be able to model various job tasks including lifting up to 25 lbs., sitting, standing and walking for sustained periods of time.
- Must be able to transport students/members in either a personal vehicle or Vista vehicles including mini vans.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer, software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Etc.) internet and other electronic devices as deemed necessary for job function.
This part-time position offers a Monday-Friday schedule; 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM and is located at the “Ventures facility”, next to our main campus in Madison; 111 Bradley Rd.
Pay rate: $14.75/hr.
We offer a full benefits package including:
- Health and dental benefit options for you and your eligible dependents
- Retirement plan 403 (b)
- Life insurance
- Short Term and Long -Term Disability
- Generous paid time off
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee discounts
We invite you to explore your future with Vista Life Innovations.
Please submit a resume if you are interested in exploring employment opportunities with Vista.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Vista is a drug-free, Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer